The Board of Australian Community Philanthropy is committed to protecting the privacy of our members and of users of our online communications. We agree to protect any personal information which the organisation collects, holds and administers. (Personal information is information which directly or indirectly identifies a person.)
Australian Community Philanthropy collects and administers a range of personal information for the purposes of supporting and growing the community foundation movement, through the provision of services, communications, information and events.
Australian Community Philanthropy is bound by laws which impose specific obligations when it comes to handling information. The organisation has adopted the following principles contained as minimum standards in relation to handling personal information.
Australian Community Philanthropy will:
- Collect only information which the organisation requires for its primary function;
- Use and disclose personal information only for our primary functions or a directly related purpose, or for another purpose with the person’s express consent;
- Automatically receive and record information on our server logs from visitors’ browsers, including IP address, cookies, and the pages visited. This data is only used in the aggregate.
- Store personal information securely, protecting it from unauthorised access; and
- Provide stakeholders with access to their own information, and the right to seek its correction.
Australian Community Philanthropy will not:
- Disclose your email address, telephone number or other contact details to any third parties.
- Sell any personal information, to anyone, for any reason whatsoever.
This policy has been authorised by Wayne Weaire, Secretary of the Board of Australian Community Philanthropy. 12 March 2014