Here are some great support organisations for community philanthropy.
See also the Papers and Presentations page for specific resources.
- Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC)
- Australian Community Philanthropy (ACP)
- Philanthropy Australia
- Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal (FRRR)
- Department of Human Services, Victoria (Previously called the Office for the Community Sector)
- Our Community
- Pro Bono Australia
- Australian Centre for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies (ACPNS), Queensland University of Technology (QUT). See also their giving by postcode/occupation page where can find out how much the taxpayers claimed in their individual income tax returns for deductible gifts
- The Centre For Social Impact (Swinburne University)
- The Global Fund for Community Foundations
- The Foundation Center (global hub for philanthropy)
- Community Foundations of Canada is the peak organisation for Canadian CFs
- GEO (Grantmakers for Effective Organisations) GEO is a US based community of grant makers that works to promotes strategies and practices that contribute to grantee success.
- UK Community Foundations is the peak organisation for CFs in Britain
- Council on Foundations is a US nonprofit leadership association of grantmaking foundations and corporations.
- CFNZ (Community Foundations of New Zealand) is an umbrella body which supports the establishment and growth of Community Foundations in New Zealand
- Exponent Philanthropy (US based association dedicated to serving foundations with few or no staff)
- The Advocacy Toolkit from US peak ‘The Council of Foundations’ is aimed at helping community organisations connect with elected officials in their districts. Resources include sample letters and templates.
- The Community Foundation Atlas is a project of the world’s first community foundation, the Cleveland Foundation, which celebrated its 100th birthday last year. The website is a great global resource for community foundations with lots of engaging content and information.
- Google for Non-profits allows free access to premium Google products and apps for eligible organisations.
- Giving Circles Asia website is is an information hub for Giving Circles in Asia and includes case studies and links to resources
International seminars and events
- Global Summit on Community Philanthropy (1-2 December 2016, Johannesburg) will bring together 350+ practitioners from around the world to build connections and encourage dialogue
- Community Foundation of Canada;’s International Conference (11-13 May 2017, Ottawa-Gatineau) will focus on how we can strengthen our sense of belonging to each other and our communities.
- City University New York (CUNY) Centre on Philanthropy and Civil Society runs Emerging Leaders and Senior International Fellows programs, with participants from community foundations all over the globe.
- WINGS also publish a global philanthropy conference calendar
- Center for Community Foundation excellence A joint initiative of the Council on Foundations and Indiana University’s Center on Philanthropy